Resources For Parents
The following books are suggested to help parents better understand adolescent development and issues facing high school students:
- M. Adderholdt-Elliot. Perfectionism: What's Bad About Being Too Good?
- Agre Publishers, Inc. The College Comparison Guide
- American Legion. Need A Lift?
- Barbara Coloroso. Kids Are Worth It: Giving Your Child the Gift of Inner Discipline.
- Steven Covey. 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families.
- D. Elkind. The Hurried Child.
- D.F. Fleming. How to Stop the Battle with Your Teen.
- K. Gravelle & C. Haskins. Teenagers Face to Face with Bereavement.
- Peterson's Guides, Inc. Colleges with Programs for Students with Learning Disabilities.
- Peterson's Guides, Inc. Peterson's Guide to Two-Year Colleges and Peterson's Guide to Four-Year Colleges.
- I.M. Sacker & M.A. Simmer. Dying to be Thin: A Practical Lifesaving Guide.
- C.S. Sanders. Safe at School: Awareness and Action for Parents and Kids.
For additional suggested resources, please contact your child's counselor.