Sweetwater High School Parent/School Compact
The mission of Sweetwater High School is to provide each student with the opportunity to be college and/or career-ready by providing a supportive environment, a variety of learning strategies, and a rigorous standards-based curriculum.
As a staff we will:
1. Come to school on time, prepared to teach the district’s standards using rigor, relevance, and relationships.
2. Strive to communicate regularly with parents about their children’s progress.
3. Be accessible to and encourage parents to be involved in the school through conferences, visits, parent workshops, and volunteering.
4. Show respect to parents, teachers, and students through words and actions.
As parents you will:
1. Ensure your child attends school on a regular basis and is punctual, ready to learn, and well-behaved.
2. Strive to take an active part in your child’s educational process by contacting teachers regularly to check on your child’s academic progress.
3. Respect teachers, your child, other children, and school personnel with your words and actions.
4. Update contact information when changes occur.
5. Make sure your child’s homework is completed and returned on time.
6. Insist that your child understands and obey all school rules.
7. Be involved in your child’s program of study and course planning.
As a student you will:
1. Come each day prepared to learn, be on time to all classes, and do your best despite obstacles you may face.
2. Take full responsibility for your own actions and behaviors.
3. Show respect to others but, most of all, yourself.
4. Listen, follow directions, and complete all assignments.
5. Finish and return homework.
6. Ask questions when I do not understand.
7. Follow the district’s dress code as specified in the student handbook.
High school parents, staff, and students participating in the services and programs funded by Title I will be required to sign and agree with the guidelines listed above.