Sweetwater High School Parent/School Compact
The mission of Sweetwater High School is to provide each student with the opportunity to be college and/or career-ready by providing a supportive environment, a variety of learning strategies, and a rigorous standards-based curriculum.
As a staff we will:
- Come to school on time, prepared to teach the district’s standards using rigor, relevance, and relationships.
- Strive to communicate regularly with parents about their children’s progress.
- Be accessible to and encourage parents to be involved in the school through conferences, visits, parent workshops, and volunteering.
- Show respect to parents, teachers, and students through words and actions.
- Ensure your child attends school on a regular basis and is punctual, ready to learn, and well-behaved.
- Strive to take an active part in your child’s educational process by contacting teachers regularly to check on your child’s academic progress.
- Respect teachers, your child, other children, and school personnel with your words and actions.
- Update contact information when changes occur.
- Make sure your child’s homework is completed and returned on time.
- Insist that your child understands and obey all school rules.
- Be involved in your child’s program of study and course planning.
As a student you will:
- Come each day prepared to learn, be on time to all classes, and do your best despite obstacles you may face.
- Take full responsibility for your own actions and behaviors.
- Show respect to others but, most of all, yourself.
- Listen, follow directions, and complete all assignments.
- Finish and return homework.
- Ask questions when I do not understand.
- Follow the district’s dress code as specified in the student handbook.
High school parents, staff, and students participating in the services and programs funded by Title I will be required to sign and agree with the guidelines listed above.