The Monroe County School System will make every effort to deny access to inappropriate or potentially dangerous material and students will be trained on the proper use of the Internet. However, it is impossible to restrict access to all controversial material. Therefore, it is the user's responsibility to abide by accepted rules of network etiquette. These include but are not limited to the following:
1. Be polite. Do not use abusive or obscene language when communicating with others.
2. Do not reveal personal information about yourself or others. This includes personal addresses, phone numbers, or credit card information.
3. Do not use the Internet to access inappropriate materials. This includes but is not limited to pornography, racism, sexism, unethical or illegal solicitation or materials, which could present a danger to yourself or others.
4. Do not download copyrighted material or software.
5. The potential exists for downloading files, which are infected with a virus. Prior to downloading files, seek permission from your teacher. After downloading a file, it should be scanned for viruses before use.
**Students that have signed an "Acceptable Use of Internet" form, which is on file at Sweetwater High School Library, have agreed to abide by these conditions and understand that the Internet access being provided is for educational purposes only. Students also understand that any violation of the above provisions may result in revocation of Internet access and disciplinary action may be taken. Students also agreed to report any misuse of the system to a teacher or other school official.